Monday, August 18, 2014

“The offer on Dutch television is flat and primitive – Volkskrant

OPINION – Diederik Stevens – 08/18/14, 15:45

© RTL. Sun, boozing, hospital.

opinion Visiting Netherlands got my expatriate friend, “Sun, Drinking, hospital ‘and’ Bonje the Neighbors’ to stow writes Diederik Stevens. “I bought a TV Guide and was scared shitless.”

  • After several weeks Netherlands he had noticed how After his emigration, the supply on the Dutch television had changed

Sat of week to have lunch with Fred, a Dutch friend from Australia. Zeeland in a beach tent He is for a month on from Sydney, his current residence. Twenty years ago he left the country, due to work Down Under. He is, after a distinguished career with a giant of an American exhibition company, never left. Fred is a normal, healthy man remained holds despite acquired stature not arrogant or elitist ideas after.

After several weeks Netherlands he had noticed how, after his emigration, the offer on Dutch television was changed. Flat and primitive, called Fred’s. Especially on “that commercial networks,” he added. I suppressed a yawn stylish. I always get tired of drivel. And by the way, just as if that Aboriginals a paragon of civilization. Or, I thought, it would be the sliding scale on which I find myself unconsciously; loutish ‘behavior indeed everywhere here, you get used to it.

Mirror of civilization
No, the reason for my ignorance was that I did not watch so much television. Fred was now out of control if the media mirror of civilization, it was money than two decades have been a demonstration of patriotic progress? The new intermediate position of the Dutch sociological evolution “

I took that afternoon the acid test, bought a TV guide, and indeed was scared shitless when seeing alone program titles: The previous evening had Fred My dirty, greasy, dirty fiancée, then sun, boozing, hospital and finally Piet got to stow weather.

  • Fred, already softened, was finally treated to Utopia, containing diffuse fumbling to genitals as cliffhanger

A previous evening turned Poor Fred gassed to have been successively I’ve never done it, it will be me could not care less, Ranking the Stars (Fred, “with that vulgar Paul van Leeuw), squirting and swallowing, Herman den Blijker, Roy Donders, stylist of the south and Bonje with the neighbors. Fred, already softened, was finally treated to Utopia, containing diffuse fumbling to genitals as cliffhanger. With open mouth he had watched beaten everything, not even in a position to switch to something else. Fred was in the ropes. Could not resist.

The day after lunch, I called him. New appointment? That was no more. He was already packing. Fred had decided to shorten his stay and undertook the flight a week earlier than planned. He longed for home. And I? I’m going to live with Fred.

Diederik Stevens from Hedikhuizen.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...