Monday, October 20, 2014

Television is and will remain under Sylvana Simons white – NU.nl

In an interview with Volkskrant , a series about the role that ethnicity plays in a life in the Netherlands, says Simons that she often lives in at least two worlds.

” At home with your family and friends. And besides, in the workplace and on the streets. worlds in which everything is different. Such is the reality when you are black and live in a white country., I do not complain about it, about what it is you do with this data. “

” When I arrived at the big people with RTL television, I ran into some things, “says Simons. “The editors are white, they think white and create a white product. And it will remain so. How frightened some Dutch are, that situation will not change. I went along in those programs because I wanted to.”

From Surinamese Simons was once again accused of being. a ‘bounty’ “I got out of the Surinamese flock, I broke a covenant by doing things that were different I think sometimes people underestimate the power of a non-white woman on television -. Then in a natural way, which is not the about ‘black’ issues going. It should not be an exception, but a normal part in a mass product. “

Simons had a good time at RTL. “I love a show stage and two million viewers. Thats what I did at RTL. It was fine, it was my job, so it felt. During the public broadcaster, I can now do more what I want. Went RTL a new wind blowing. this I do not mean that I no longer work because I have a color. It is preferred by the program director. You are in fashion and you’re weather is not in fashion. “

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...