Sunday, November 30, 2014

Hill Gommerstuba Telling: A television in the locker room – Dichtbij.nl

REGION | November 30, 2014 | test | The Near Editors (White Weekly)

HILLEGOM – What was Treslong known in the 60s and 70s. Paul van den Berg remember that late 60s Treslong Theatre Subscription existed. For fl 62.50 – around 28 euros – could experience the lovers seven performances. And not the first best performers. With joy we announce Adele Bloemendaal and Frans Halsema, the small parade with Leen Jongewaard, the shows Max Tailleur, Map and Johan Johan Boskamp as Potasch and Perlemoer. Names that even today many still have ringing in a bell.

Anyone who meant something in those years occurred in Treslong. Paul van Vliet, Jasperina de Jong, Wim Kan and Wim Sonneveld. Even Rudolf Schock sang with the Capital operetta. About that Van den Berg remembers a funny anecdote. “On that same night there was a big football game. Ajax – Bayern Munich. There was hardly any television in those days. But Schock demanded that a TV would be in his dressing room so he could follow the match as he was not on the scene. We took Schoonderbeek in the arm and put a nice TV. But the changing rooms were like bunkers and there you got no signal. I do not remember what they all have to be done, but Schock finally did get a working television.

Wim Sonneveld acted and sang include his famous song Catootje. Everyone could sing along. After a successful performance Sonneveld wanted to go home and called a taxi. Haarlem, he would take the train to Amsterdam. But in the meantime it was going badly missed and no taxi drove. “I was there myself, for I had to Haarlem, where I was living,” says van den Berg. “So I called my father. I know the way well, he said. I’ll handle it and I’ll come get you. When he came in, he was politely tapped his shoulder. It was Sonneveld. Excuse me, I should ride with you to Haarlem? And so I was so beside Wim Sonneveld in my father’s car.

But now came the military service and later Paul was trooper for 21 months. When called Treslong: you would like to assist in the weekend with the artists? “I said yes and I deserved it well. And laid the foundation for my later work as an executive assistant. That happened in 1969, when director Aelen was succeeded by W. Steenstra. But Steenstra became ill in 1972. The brewery, which owned Treslong, named Van den Berg then as interim director. Meanwhile, Dirck van den Broek negotiating to buy Treslong of the brewery. That finally took passage and the bowling alley was opened in 1974.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...