Sunday, December 20, 2015

YouTube dinosaur about the end of the television – Dagblad de Limburger

                 Heeeyy people !!! That is the standard intro YouTuber Dylan Haegens. Unknown among adults, but a national superstar among teens. With twelve million views per month, the video creator is one of the most influential of Limburg right now. About fame, responsibility, milkshakes and end of television.
             

         

He barely slept, but mercilessly looks fresh. Last night he was in the boxing ring. Concentrated for the fight, boxing gloves attracted tight hood over the head. Only when it was his opponent in the middle of the ring, he turned around and he was recognized instantly. Knockout! Dylan Haegens surprise in the boxing ring because one of his fans for the YouTube channel Coke Fresh Chicks. Then he brought the ‘chicks’ the night to record in a cushioned paid hotel room. Result: a YouTube video full of fun and pillow fights. “Really supertof to do.”

It is for many an unknown world where Dylan Haegens moves: the internet world views, vlogs and followers. Twelve million times per month videos viewed (views); half a million young people (followers) subscribes to the vlogs (video) that he put on YouTube. His first studio decor was the white wall behind his bed in his jongensslaap-
room, he now operates from a shop in the center of Venray. The five of them working here around a central wooden table in the ‘Haegens empire’; Dylan and his girlfriend Marit fulltime, companions and fellow players Teun, Rick and Willem often. After school it is often push for shop windows to catch a glimpse of Dylan and his team, but now it’s quiet.

Yesterday I put a video online and 24 hours later he already has 170 000 views


Is the craziness still contain a little?
“It’s really incredible. Marit and I sat a while ago in the
Ziggo Dome for a performance of John Mayer and when there were 17,000 people in the audience. Marit looked around and said, so many people watching just one day at a video of you! I was shocked. I thought Jesus should look how much that is! We have grown so fast, today it is more than three times the Arena! Yesterday I put a video online and 24 hours later he already has 170 000 views. That’s inconceivable that you can just contain. You notice when we walk down the street, we are approached everywhere. Autographs, photos, people worry, children scream. It’s really extreme, not normal. But still fun. It is every time very nice to see those enthusiastic cups. The disbelief sometimes, people who cry with joy to see you, because you do it for. I’m doing this to make people happy “

On the floor next to the door is a large tray full of (fake) droppings, props for a new TV parody:. Very Holland poop. It is illustrative of the impish videos he makes. Taste a spoonful cat or plug as many marshmallows in your mouth and shout “Chubby Bunny”. Dylan is famous for its bizarre sandwiches, has its own cartoon character and his top tiens’ are extremely popular: ten shameful actions of parents, ten or uncomfortable situations – most viewed – ten ways to be sent out of the classroom.

It’s pure entertainment. You have no pretensions.
“It’s really comedy. We are in real life always on the lollen, we are not very critical. We occasionally do social things that we process a little bit in our videos. For example, we now have a new top ten with ways to get fit. We see that there is now a lot of hype among young people to be fit to play sports. Really to the extreme, unhealthy. Marit has written a book about anorexia and she sees that many girls are triggered by the hype. We process such a message in a comedy way. You see me cross off in the disc of all five: I eat anything, I’m being super healthy. And the next shot is a tombstone with the inscription “Dylan Haegens. That’s a bit of a kick to society. We do hope that people are going to think about it. “
With ten million views a month you will have a significant impact on a vulnerable target group. How heavy responsibility which rests on you?
“It is very gradual. I am doing this now already almost seven years and I have really grown, you learn to deal with it. It gets crazier. In recent months, we must always be careful because the audience is spread like wildfire. You can see that children of eight went to look, but also people of 25. I am very conscious doing. We are working with STI AIDS Netherlands. It’s about condom use, sex is your first time. Eight-year-olds are, in fact just too young, though you can never start early enough with sex education. But it is difficult to make a funny video there, because you know that small children can find dirty, which should not to think about it. Some understand it and not quite just like it funny that I’m doing and pull funny faces. Although the tips in such a video very seriously: do it safely, think of a game, you are not rushed. It is in use in a comedy way. It was quite exciting to upload that video, we were really looking forward to the response. But he has a record number of hits to date, he was already at 550,000 views in one week. Half a million! “



It is unbelievable that children who know the words already

The Internet freedom is crucial, but a risk.
“It’s really extremely how young people do to each other on the Internet, which goes very far. If you’re on Instagram see which threads emerge: it is incredible that children who know the words already. They really respond with statements like “I hope you die of cancer and your parents there.” And if you click on that account, see a boy of ten years on a trampoline! We have considered in order to identify these types of youngsters and then confront the camera, unrecognizable course. It is not passed through the crowds, but it would be really exciting, because you do not know where you end up, how the parents react and what causes the bullies. I am myself very angry. When I scold such a kid see someone completely broken, I would just look at him and ask, why are you doing this? Why do you do something crazy? And hopefully he does not then it anymore. “

Dylan Haegens inherited his” super creative “Grandpa a camera, with which he recorded his first movies when he was twelve years old. But actually, he spent his entire life in the spotlight. As a toddler he was already a “stage animal”, loved puppets, costumes and later the school theater. Extroverts, über cheerfully, unabashedly.

You have no problem to turn to shit yourself or hurt.
“I did so from an early age already. We have ourselves under a Gierton put fresh varkenskak which went over us, things like that. But there are channels that are much coarser and more violent, where they spray themselves with real pepper spray or with an electric shock taseren. Well, not me. But put a fool of myself, I do not mind, nothing really care. My first videos were also some heavier videos. My friends at that time were a bit tougher and they thought it cool to make videos. So we made recordings of fights, “free running” and all that crazy stuff. I would prefer to pick up every weekend, but they would sometimes drink a beer and have a party. Those first videos were not really good, it was just a little aanplaren and then learn playfully everything. Via Hyves (social network, ed.) I met Teun, which was more technical, knew more of the camera, I learned a lot from. It became bigger and bigger. Teun and I saw that in America came the vlogging. Make sketches, talk to the camera. We found that pretty cool, but because it was so new, we were a bit afraid of the reactions to come.



fanmeetings I had my sunglasses with elastics fasten my ears to prevent people would pull him off

That’s why we kept anonymously under the pseudonym Dutchvlogs and I put a large sunglasses. No one knew who we were, who made it. And that was precisely what people found interesting. On fanmeetings I had to fasten my sunglasses with elastics to my ears to prevent people would pull him off. It was really nice. But on my eighteenth birthday I got a letter – in the mailbox still – a law firm. I had to remove my YouTube channel. Apparently, in Amsterdam was a Dutch company called Vlog and it looked so much like Dutchvlogs. I did not understand it, what was I supposed to do? My parents also did not know that both work in health care, who shouted: “Stop but with that channel!” But I had 17,000 followers! I could not see the risks and therefore I stop put Dutchvlogs. That was quite effe to, but it was also the perfect time to reveal myself. There we made a whole thing of, a series where many other YouTubers from Netherlands participated in. Of the 17 000 followers but unfortunately went along about 7000. Anyway, I had to show my eyes, I was Dylan Haegens, everyone knew from that moment who I was.

This is followed by an episode in which the central milkshake?
“I’ve met vlogger Mert, who had the ‘Fun’ channel. A kind of junk channel where we threw at things from everyday life. One of the things we often did, was get milkshakes at the McDrive. Simply, chatting with each other, we always had fun. We’ve put a camera on the dashboard to let people enjoy our trivial conversations and milkshakevlogs were quickly a hit. We went balls to the McDrive-pole, there was security graduated on us, the manager ran after us, thick chaos. It became bigger. At one time, Mert moved to Amsterdam and started to focus more on my own channels. It has paid well bore. The growth of the
past year has been truly the hardest; 2015 has so far been truly the best year ever. We explode almost all the ideas that we have. “

You are nationally known, but presents you emphatically as Limburger.
” I have a theater followed in Nijmegen there I had to go to speech therapy for my accent. I was not really soft g anymore. Thus I was once more rejected for auditions and stuff. Now I get to do, do I suddenly have roles offered. So petty. I stopped taking speech therapy; accent talk is not necessary. I am a Limburger. I like to live here in Venray, I really would not want to Randstad. Many YouTubers go there, but I think it’s really cool here. Here I get inspiration, I have a little rest here with people around me who I like. I never want to leave. “




Soon there is a Dylan Haegens-school line in stores

Money Money on the Internet is not so easy, but Dylan Haegens can generous life of the worldwide web. Each view provides the money; Clicking on the ads before a video, pop-up ads or collateral creates revenue. An external company touts the advertisements for its channels. With the company he founded Prefer Social Marit, he produces YouTube channels for third parties. He works for his vlogs with brands like Fanta soda or Nubikk shoes. And soon there is a Dylan Haegens-school line in stores.

Your head on diaries, notebooks and paper cover?
“I think it is great that young people will soon have it be at school. You make the brand Dylan Haegens a lot stronger. If my calendar is next to the Donald Duck and Garfield, parents think perhaps: God, this is serious, not a small YouTube thing. Cooperation with other brands should be fully in our style, because it is important that we are not a commercial sign, but we really handle it in a video. Many people ask what we ‘later’ to do. I myself am convinced that the Internet is only growing and television only get worse. The end of the current television is in sight, I dare to put money in. A television will soon be only a screen to turn on the Internet. You can see it in the ratings. And you also see how much we are approached. First we were ignored by Hilversum, they laughed at us a little off. And now it’s begging. Suddenly we sit with everyone around the table. It’s funny to see that switch. The only quarter that is not dropped, the advertising budgets. If a program of BNN is viewed 500,000 times, which is quite good. Our videos are viewed on average 830 000 times and that is totally out of proportion to the income. BNN do work three hundred people, while we four, five man. That’s actually a little crazy. But you can see that advertising budgets are shifting and when that switch has been made, we can be even larger and even more to do cool stuff. Freedom on YouTube is so crazy. You do not have to lay off any accountability to a network manager or a channel boss. You just make the things that you like, that you think they work. “

How do you feel when 23-year-old standing business?
” We a lot of nice people met lately. We are a kind of council to collect smart older men who want to help and advise. People who are experienced in the business world, who come from the neighborhood, we trust and can call at any time of the day. Purely out of goodwill. That’s very nice because we have a lot of people who want to use and abuse of all we have built. There I am very alert. We already have a lot of contracts been shoved under our noses and almost rejected everything so far. We can see it almost impossible. “

There is social media a clear generation gap. Or, as you formulate it: with your mother about WhatsApp talk is harder than deciphering Egyptian hieroglyphs
“Young people fly away from a medium when parents come on.. Or commerce. Hyves is dead, Facebook is absolutely nothing more, Twitter is even less. Older people generally do not understand social media. You see it now, for example in the discussion about Sesame Street, then moved to the internet. The indignation is great, one finds it silly and outrageous. But this is the smartest Sesame Street it can do, what they should have done this much sooner. The biggest YouTube channels right now are international children’s channels. They get 400 million views per month, which is incredible.

America runs three, four years ahead of us with developments on YouTube and you see that there’s only going harder. It’s just a very fine medium. Radio is ever supplanted by television; Now it will happen again that people must learn a new medium, which is in the beginning as crazy. For me, the little secrets. I am one of the oldest YouTubers, I’m really from the beginning on. I’m really a YouTube dinosaur. “


Dylan Haegens (23) was born and raised in Venray. As a child he was a member of amateur club Paljas in Horst and he sat on music all in Venray. After high school he studied acting in Nijmegen. His first films he made when he was twelve years old with the camera from his grandfather; now he has a half million regular followers on YouTube. He also is active in including Facebook, Instagram, Snap Chat and Twitter. Dylan Haegens works with a fixed team: Marit, Teun, Rick and Willem.
Dylan met Marit when she interviewed him for broadcasting Peel en Maas. He lives with her black cat and Genghis, which regularly featured in the videos and its own Instagramaccount with 24 000 followers.


LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...