Sunday, December 14, 2014

Arie Boomsma do not want to ‘fleeting television’ – NU.nl

The presenter makes a lot of programs on serious subjects: homosexuality, bullying and transgender people come back regularly in the programs. On NU.nl he says he is not afraid to be seen as “the man of the heavy themes.”

“I’m not afraid of that. Of course there are people who say that, but because I do not mind For me it is important that it is about something I did with everything I do:.. it must be right, “said Boomsma

The program The KRO. Pink Jungle Boomsma went with four gay boys and their fathers to Argentina. The boys and their fathers are confronted with their band and the problems that have arisen after the boys came ‘out of the closet. “



Give A look

” I do not need people something to learn with this type of program, but would they show anything, it’s about telling stories. I want to give them a glimpse into the lives of other people, they understand the lives of others to learn. “

“If I live and the views of those people shows it is difficult for a viewer to people but to continue to hate because they find something. They come in touch with lives that they do not know, get to know the people and learn they understand that. So you can eliminate prejudices, or people closer together. “

The first images of KRO’s Pink Jungle



Other

The program made Boomsma for the first time since long time in a different way television: instead of involving themselves really in the process of the boys and their fathers, he was watching from a distance.

“I did have a problem with that, I was a lot more behind the scenes. While I was in a place someone was interviewing, was also filmed in other locations. Or I watched from behind the camera, while I normally all calls itself feed. Then I could make it and then talk with them, but that is very different from that participant with which I am working normally. I could not be everywhere. For me that was very used to it. “

Although he found it difficult, Boomsma does not exclude that he again enters the jungle with the same format.” I’ve learned from them and I think, therefore, it might be better for a second time. Content is already beautiful, but behind the scenes can be even better. I think it’s important to do it the next, not instead of. Because if I have to choose, I would rather go a la Out of the closet in thinking there are. “



Criticism

Antoinette Hertsenberg ( Radar ) talked in the past criticized the programs Boomsma. The presenter went “too far” in the program Out of the Closet . “I am going too far when ordinary people faced with intimate details of their private lives, “said Hertsenberg time.

Boomsma says that he attracts few of the criticisms of his colleagues, though it becomes like him.

” A good journalist would approach the participants of different seasons and how they have experienced it. Then she would know how many positive things we hear from former participants, that political delegations from Europe come to talk about emancipation through television. If they are there would deepen she would not say “

” At the same time I think:. I know how it goes in an interview. We are asked her, “there’s something on television where you bothered? No? Really? ” And then they call it. But it is naive: just do as your homework before you call something like “

KRO Pink Jungle, starting on Tuesday December 23 at 20.25 at NPO 3.

By: NU.nl/Lara Zevenbergschen

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...