Monday, November 11, 2013

Making food is so much more fun by television - The Daily Standard (Blog)

I can enjoy telling people passionate about food.

I have a love-hate relationship with my television. Many people around me understand what I mean when I say that. They recognize that feeling. One minute you would wish that you do not waste your scarce time to simple entertainment and superficial news sections (the two begin anyway increasingly spill over into each other), the next moment you hang yet again a few hours on the couch to go to Linda look. mol At least, I do.

What I enjoy more than just hang couch and watch some TV, his cooking programs. Not all did. The 13-in-a-dozen talent shows with poor presenters I do not like, and programs with amateur cooks who come together not even eat. There are perhaps more cooking programs than singing programs on Dutch television, so it’s important to separate.

the wheat from the chaff

I have a few favorite cooking programs. I’m a big fan of foodies as Nigella Lawson, Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsay and even our own Rudolph van Veen (the transmitter 24Kitchen). They leave in short broadcasts you how relatively easy ridiculously good food put on the table. They speak passionately about ingredients. And they show all the steps to come. To a good end Usually I can then a trip to the kitchen to try something not suppress yourself. The beauty is that you do not need to be ashamed if you look at this type of program, because you learn something new and the rest of the family gets tastier food served.

Not everyone can cook. You have to learn. Real kitchen bruising, who do not know how to yarn, potatoes or rice get help in 24Kitchen program First Aid Kitchen with Andy McDonald. If that stage is over, step by step experiment with recipes from the greats. Or with simple baking recipes from the immensely popular and slightly pathetic MAX program Very Holland Bakes , which I hope it will be (as long as we have a public broadcaster).

for a long time to see

brilliant cooking you can not accuse me, but the base is there. With that basis, I recently made a spicy Indian curry (thanks to the tips from Jamie Oliver), a good paella (a recipe from Gordon Ramsay) and other dishes that would never taste without the help of my favorite so good and fresh foodies . That television is still good for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...